Friday, June 10, 2005

Lost the ability to judge distance

I just could not park the car today. And I really should not have had that much difficultly because instead of driving the huge 4WD that I've been driving for the last 2 weeks, I was using my sister's little lancer. Needing to meet someone at 1:30pm, I just grabbed a spot near the Med Building. I fully admit to not being one of the world's best parallel parkers, but after all the practice I'd been doing in the Jeep, I expected to take less than TEN MINUTES to park that lancer! But thats not the worst bit. The spot I'd chosen to humiliate myself over was located outside the Law Building, smack bang in front of the cafe! And so I had ppl eating lunch at the cafe sharing in my humiliation.

Because that was a 2 hour spot, I had to park the car again later...my new spot I was trying to beat someone to (10 hour spot that the meter no longer runs after 4pm). Due to my rush and neighbouring cars being so close to the line, I ran into a little trouble. After attempting to fix myself up and failing miserably, I crawled out of the passenger side and asked a complete stranger if he'd help me. Luckily, he agreed even though I told him he'd have to crawl into the driver's seat. That was kind of amusing to watch because he was pretty big and wearing a suit. But he got it done and laughed (at me?) and handed back the keys. There is a little dent though :(

No comments: