Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Project Update

In terms of experimental progress, things have slowed down considerably. I have been trying to get the RCA-I lectin staining to work. And while it did work in the *practice* runs (involving making sure that it did work and to find the right dilution of lectin to use), when it came to the crunch, the staining failed. And it wasn't something that I could just go *Again tomorrow!* because unlike CD3, lectin requires an overnight incubation period. After 3 failing runs, I assessed the number of GM-CSF-/- slides I still have, and decided to just let it go for now. On the plus side, it appears that the knock-outs DO have microglia which is publishable. So I've started the SMI-32 practice runs. Here's to hoping they go well.

Computers remain my enemy. My USB stick died on me today, and I've been doing the stupid thing of having my most recent documents on it and not backed up at home. And the dumb thing is that last night I told myself to back things up on the hard drive.
I've now lost the latest versions of my
CV
Covering letters
Literature review
Methods
Appendices
Example thesis
Biotech companies guide
Grant applications

Dammit. So its a good thing I've asked the Sushi shop that I cease work until November cos I think I'd kill myself I wanted to get all that stuff done....but no $$......

No comments: