Sunday, November 20, 2005

It wasn't a bender

but it sure felt like it. On Thursday after I missed the bus, I decided that I could walk the distance from my house to the Freeway entrance to get into Zone 1 and hence cheaper tickets. Bad Move. While it only took me about 15-20 minutes, the combination of fast walking and high heels ground blisters onto my poor toes. I rode the bus to Martina's apartment, where I begged some bandaids and we both examined the blisters...wow! They almost took up the whole pad of my big toe! So after he generously gave me the last of the bandaids he stole from his parents, we went off to lunch (crepes!). We then headed off to Uni where I had a losing confrontation with the Scholarships office, then met up with Lydia for a chat before heading back to the city for Andrea's goodbye dinner - take 1.

Mmmmm....Korean BBQ.

It was followed up with karaoke. Much to our disappointment there was very little 80s classics, although I think we did listen to Andrea and Ginny singing Jay Chou's Greatest Hits. A good time was had by all (except maybe Celeste and Tony) and we ended up leaving around 3:30, continuing our vocal abilities after the machines had been switched off and walking down the street.

Well that funtime had bad repercussions as I had a job interview at 9:30am on Friday, so after crawling out of Andrea's apartment I made my way down to Collins St, but I think I gave a really bad interview (4 hours sleep? Not enough to be sparkly I'm afraid). So assuming Andrea would be still sleeping, I breakfasted with Tina again (pesto toast!), and went back to his place to watch Naruto and Inu Yasha for several hours. Sometime in the afternoon, we split again, him to go dancing lessons me to meet with Andrea. Andrea, Jia, and I went off for Andrea's goodbye dinner - take 2 (mmmm, sushi train!), then met up again with Tina to watch Corpse Bride (review coming!). Later, Jia left, Kelly arrived and the 3 of us headed off to the Westin for a bottle of wine and pots of tea. Spooey picked me up and we went home.

Saturday I spent catching up on sleep and then went to a trivia night for Red Cross charity. We didnt win. Pooey. And then Su-ling and I went out for hot chocolate. And i spent most of today resting. Like I said, it wasnt a bender, it just feels like one

No comments: