Friday, February 15, 2008

How to end depression

I bought a new pair of shoes today :D but there's a bit of a story going on here.

I have been searching for a-a-a-ages for a pair of enclosed feet black leather kitten/medium heels that fell within my student price range. It's been very depressing. I have some pretty
faithful medium/kitten heels but constant wear has been trying on them - I'm always filled with horror when I think about when my poor shoes got flooded in Canberra - or they're made of suede and therefore not suitable for all weather wear. I found a pair of Nine West heels in Sydney that had been reduced but the only pair in my size were brown. BROWN. Brown shoes with the right outfit is okay, but they just aren't as wearable as black. Nor are they as sexy. In either case, my inability to find a suitable pair has been depressing. Frankly, I'd been consoling myself with the mantra that I will go to NYC and Paris in May and I'd find a pair there. *sigh*

The second depressing thing was trying to co-
ordinate an Alice in Wonderland costume (right). I know it's the end of dress season here so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to find a flared skirt blue pinafore-style dress. Ba-bummmm!!! It was DIFFICULT!!! I believe that bright, jewel-toned colours suit me best. That was confirmed when every single light blue dress made me look like a zombie. And if they didn't make me look like a member of the un-dead, they made me look like I was about to give birth to one. *sigh*

So while I was moping around in misery, the solution to depressant number one was solved. I was walking past a store I don't normally shop in when I decided to look at their shoes...and fell for a pair of patent medium heeled shoes! And not only were they discounted, the store was taking an extra 25% off already discounted shoes!


I stupidly have left my camera at unes so here's the catalogue pic.

Okay, they're not round toed, but it'll do!

I was so pleased with them I decided to spend the day at uni breaking them in. They made a wonderful clicking sound and many an admiring comment. They also made me decide to stuff going to the party dressed as Alice, I'm going to pull out my frilly black and go as the Queen instead! Two problems solved!

And now I'm happy again :D

No comments: