Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sorrento

Me? Visit the beach? And enjoying myself?!!? What is the world coming to!?! But yes, QQ wanted my company at a birthday party she had been invited to at a beach house. Princess Mallymoodle is not really a fan of the beach - tans?! sand?! YUK!!!!! - but she wanted me there so I hopped into her car for the drive down to Point Nepean. I didn't pack my bathers though; the weather wasn't supposed to be great.

Anyway, we got to beach house but the ppl there were jus
t packing up their breakfast and happy to hang around the place and play the wii. We however, were not happy that we'd driven two hours to sit around and play console games and managed to bully some people into going to a nearby winery (for some wine) and then to the beach (for some beachiness).

I heartily recommend the winery - The Cups Estate. I especially recommend their sparkling blanc de noir - QQ liked it so much she bought two bottle
s of it then and there. I also liked their port - it was quite light and not as syrupy as some ports I've had. Probably not strong enough to pour over ice cream but nice with some cheese and crackers. Here are some pics


Our antipasto platter.

The place also had a good view of the Moonah Links golf course.

We went to the ocean back beach...and it sure showed it's ocean-ness. Some of those waves were kinda scary looking. I only went into my ankles but had to k
eep an eye on the big'uns.


The wash.

Methinks these rocks will be eroded away soon.

Running away from the waves.

Some crazy boogie boarders. Crazy!

Rejuvenated by the alcohol and seaspray, we went back to the beach house where QQ passed out from exhaustion and where I challenged some guys to wii boxing. I'm pleased to report that all the training I did at Miss Pooky's place paid off - I whipped them big time, I even managed to knock one guy out in about 30 seconds! W00t w00t!

No comments: