Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Hot vs. Cold

So last week I wrote about how record-breakingly hot it was in Melbourne (and someone wanted to point out that it was also really hot in Adelaide). Not long afterwards, London had it most severe blast of cold weather in a while. The snow resulted in snowmen, recreations of the War of Independence, and basically shut down the City because it threw the public transport into chaos meaning people, such as Kahuna, were stranded at home and couldn't get to work, resulting in billions of dollars worth of lost income.

But Pooey wasn't one of those slackers because she's walking distance to her place.

Anyway, this made me wonder yet again what's the better option?
Heat that saps your energy and keeps you from sleeping? Cold that seeps into your bones until your bodily functions shut down? Bone-searing hot winds which can be quite pleasant until it burns you and makes you cry? Snow that can be made into snowballs resulting in fights and makes you cry? I personally think it's easier to keep warm than to keep cool, but I throw it open to the pack!


3 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Hot weather doesn't get me days off work!

And LOL that you linked my snowman *thumbs up*

blank said...

ok omg what is wrong with you cold weather freaks. heat that saps your energy and keeps you from sleeping or cold that seeps into your bones until bodily functions shut down. I'll take my bodily functions please! weirdos. :P

Sarah said...

Thanks for the shoutout! :D

Personally I'm all about the cold weather. I've had far too many sunburns to be very comfortable with heat. I mean, frostbite isn't fun either, but I'd much rather take being cold than being burned!