Sunday, May 27, 2012

Status symbol

Ruben got me a (really nice) fountain pen for my birthday with the cheeky comment that since my title is *Dr.*, I must have some pretty important documents to sign. He was right (I'm expecting a call to extend my contract any day now) but it was also quite amusing given that this article about the apparent comeback of the fountain pen was published on my birthday. Fountain pens are apparently a sign of taking things seriously, a solid link to the past, and a niche luxury item.  
 Like a boss.

Testing it out. 
So how is it? Does it feel like a step into the past? Is it an affectation or a reconnect with a more personal time? One thing is for sure, I need to improve my handwriting and be careful with smearing! (I'm left handed.) But now I have something I can use to write those thank-you notes!

No comments: