Monday, July 13, 2009

Super Sydney Foodfest 2009

Miss Pooky had expressed her displeasure that I did not conduct my annual Sydney sojourn in January. When combined with Mrs. S's sudden desire to escape from her prison (lab), and dancinghula, rao, and H's need to leave from C-town, we suddenly had a big party heading up for a Foodfest weekend!

And what else to do on a Foodfest but to eat? It was kicked off by a visit to Sushi Train. Alas, it was much to my distress that the Sushi Train at the corner of Bathurst and George is no longer $3.00 for all plates. *sob sob* My Asianess revolted at the thought of paying more than usual for the fare but my foodieness soon overrode that setting. I know. I'm just as surprised as you all are at that revelation.

Despite eating sushi train at 7pm, Pooky, H, and I followed it up by eating dinner at the Meat & Wine Co. at 8:30 - and what a follow up! I didn't bring my camera to immortalise my 350g rib eye steak, cooked medium-rare (I do love the taste of blood, muhahaha! Joke. Sorta), with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and green peppercorn sauce. Oh, and the bruschetta and salad side (for roughage). Luckily my brain camera was on so the memory of joy before the slight discomfort of overeating remains!

The next place to knock off the list was Menya, fave eating place of Pooey and Kahunes. Naturally I had to take photos to rub it in for the Meldoners.

Unfortunately I was still full from the epic dinner the night before so I didn't get to do my mini-ramen justice.

H also wanted to record his noodles for posterity

Next activity to knock off was High Tea. If there is anything more magical than the words *Cake Buffet,* I do not know them.

CAKE BUFFET!!!
Why yes, that is a chocolate fountain.

Some of the cakes. I think I managed to knock off a morsel of 80-90% of the cakes on offer.

Mrs. S momentarily resists eating that scone so I can take a photo of her.

The cake buffet was so exhausting we literally passed out after it...but then we got up to have dinner at the best Korean restaurant (that I know of), Seoul Ria! Dancinghula remembers this as the restaurant that made her love Korean food and that we HAD to eat the seafood pancake here together!

dancinghula is much happier than Rao to be at Seoul Ria.

Miss Pooky relishes in the water and seafood hotpot

Why yes, I am inappropriately and distractingly wearing the slutty dress.

Following dinner we all trundled down to Darling Harbour to the Lindt Cafe for chocolate and cake.
Except I had peppermint tea instead of chocolate...

mostly because I devoured a chocolate cake and thought it would be overkill.
This is an 'after' photo.

Miss Pooky and Mrs. S contemplate what sweeties they want.

I was slightly fooded out towards the end of the weekend and so did some touristy things that I normally avoid. So I met up with some cuzzies and we took a nice trundling walk around The Rocks and took in the view over Observatory Hill

The photomerged view...

and then we headed off for more food (being ordered at that moment)!

The adorable and 1/2 Asian Baby S.
Yes, those eyes are blue, that hair is blonde! :O


H enjoys the view of the view from the north shore.

But all good things must come to an end and we all had to part ways back to our various cities. *sigh* So who's up for Brilliant Brisbane Foodfest 2009?

5 comments:

Lynn said...

MENYA!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooo jealous! Kahooners introduced me to Menya too and I love it soooo much! The best ramen in Australia for sure. I would give anything - ANYTHING for a big bowl of ramen right now in this freakin' cold weather. But not that 1kg bowl.....hahaha...

Pooey said...

i am crying at the beauty of the menya bowl *sob*

ohai sophie! she's so kyoot!

Pooey said...

oh and boo to those who denied you the yuk hwe bibimbap!!

KH said...

You should have the steak at Prime (downstairs GPO Sydney). A bit more pricey I think but definitely worth it.

*sob* menya...

Vanilla Bear said...

OH

is all I'm gonna say ;) ;) oioi