Friday, July 31, 2009

Sure, whatever

A couple of weeks ago, I met a friend of a friend. She looked at some photos on my camera and asked me "Who is that?"
My reply was, "Errr....that's me."
"NO WAY!!!"
What followed next was akin to this scene from the 2001 spoof-movie classic (The first? The best?) when it was requested I remove my glasses and let down my hair.


(The audio has been disabled but you should get the gist at about 0:50 - 1:25)

Eventually though, the level of her incredulity moved me from being flattered to feeling a little insulted. Quite frankly, I like my glasses and it's more practical to have my hair pulled back when in the lab. Other people have since told me that the removal of my glasses and change of hair leads to a complete metamorphosis, most recently a gay senior researcher at work. I think I look pretty much the same but I'll concede that I may not be the best judge here.

So the poll is basically whether I should drop the geeky scientist look in favour of the glamour bombshell.



3 comments:

Pooey said...

embrace the nerd!

Stephanie said...

You could glam it up all you want, but you'll never be able to hide that inner geek of yours!

Vanilla Bear said...

How did I miss this poll?