Friday, March 05, 2010

Huh.

Late last night, I decided I needed some casual runner shoes. Well that's not entirely true, I had decided I needed them earlier in the week when I was looking for some slip on shoes that would adequately support my right leg (cramped from all that sectioning on Tuesday) and missed my old Le Coqs and the Golas. I decided to get some Lacoste flats but Pooey told me to wait because she's going back to Meldon and suggested that I instead visit her place of work and get some Dunlop Volleys because they're on special.

SOLD!

Because I'm flying to C-town later today and figure they might be handy there, I decided the best course of action would be to get up early and go with Pooey to her work. By 9:30, I had the shoes plus some other things . I was now stuck in the quandary of how to get home. I decided the best way was to take a bus that I'd hadn't taken since my early university years (as opposed to my more recent ones). The route has been amalgamated into a circle route across the city so I asked the driver whether it was possible to buy a ticket for the short leg I wanted to travel. "No, the ticket for that is the Zone 2 ticket valid for two hours." As my only choice, I purchased the ticket, got my change, and sat on down. Then I actually looked at the ticket and realised he'd given me a concession fare. :O A fare which is only valid for people showing appropriate ID which I was not asked for, or people under the age of 15.

Okay, my hair was down, I was wearing no makeup and was wearing a cotton dress...but I'm pretty sure I've passed that stage given that bottleshops and some bars and clubs have stopped asking me for ID. Or he just assumed I had a student concession. Or I have found the fountain of youth!!!

No comments: