Thursday, September 02, 2010

Crimes against fashion

It has occurred to me recently that I seem to write a lot about food and less about some of the random things that happen to me during la vie quotidienne. It has also occurred to me that it's a lot more difficult to do the Crimes against Fashion segment when I have to quickly pull out my camera and then chase someone to get an unobtrusive picture of their crime. I do however think this one is worth it, especially since examination of the photo on computer reveals two crimes!


Firstly, girl on the left (aka, redface). Skinny jeans...so many people in the world should not wear skinny jeans (myself included) but I respectfully concede that there are many people in the world who can and do successfully look pretty good in them. Wearing acid-wash skinny jeans precludes you from ever looking good in them.

But the real criminal!!! I don't rate wearing leggings as trousers, and I guess she's does have a tiny skirt over them but I was really really REALLY gobsmacked anyone considered wearing shimmery, multi-coloured leggings would be a good look. But the true horror that I don't think is conveyed in this photo is that in real life, those leggings had a plastic sheen! Do you all understand now why I had to chase her across campus? I HAD TO DO IT!!!!

No comments: