Friday, October 15, 2010

Hmmmm

As some readers may be aware, I usually do some formal exercise about...oh, 3 to 4 times a week.This would take the shape of two gym (cardio & weights) sessions a week, an hour of pilates or fitball (since this year), and sometimes an hour in the pool. My pool membership ended a week before I went overseas, while my gym membership ended during my trip. This means that I haven't done much formal exercise other than hefting around luggage and walking a lot for the last month. Anyway, since I'm not going to be here much longer, I decided to only renew my pass to fitball - a strong core is important to well being! 


During class this week, the instructor noted that I seemed to be doing the exercises with much more freedom. I said that my joints seemed to not be hurting as much and noted that I hadn't done much exercise for a month. After hearing the kind of workout I usually did, she noted that I was probably over exercising and that while it's great I can do a sub-10 2km row, with my small build, thin limbs, and hyperextensive joints, such a heavy workout may not be for me. 


On the hand, dancing, pilates, and yes, fitball! is the way to go. Bring on German Zumba classes!

No comments: