Sunday, March 31, 2013

Russian Dinner!

When I made my return public, Mischka sent me a quick message and reserved me for Russian Dinner - basically, we were going to gorge ourselves with Russian food. It was both filling and highly entertaining!
These were just our entrees.

Cold entrees clockwise from bottom! Eggplant, kholodets, salami, pickled tomatoes and gherkins, salad olivier.

Pirozhki! Miam. 

Gravlax, and a cheese in flaky pastry thing whose name I can't remember. 

Blini and salmon roe caviar!


My first vodka of the night. 

Between the entrees and main, we hit the dance floor and watched the Russians of Melbs get their boogie on.

For example, Vika and Theo showing us how it's done!


Dance floor photo for me and Mischka 


And finally, the main - lamb shanks, chicken, duck, roasted apples, potatoes, and meatballs.
There was a lot of food - but it was hella good food, and there was a lot of dancing - and it was hella entertaining dancing! So if anyone has an opportunity for Russian dinner in the future, I totally recommend it. 

No comments: