Sunday, February 04, 2007

Glory of the Morning

This blog is dedicated to my contemporaries who loved the television of the 80s and who mourn the dross that is on tv now, and to the inventors and posters on youtube who make life so glorious.

After reading this blog which brought made us remember the glory that was late 70s/early 80s Sesame St
:http://blogs.theage.com.au/music/archives/2007/02/everythings_aok.html
Spuey and I were inspired to look up as many of the obscure shows we used to watch as children.

After so many years of thinking that we watched far too much televison or were flat out insane when we tried to explain shows to others and get them to remember only to be rebuffed, youtube came to our rescue when we found among others.

Quaqquao:


Dr Snuggles
:


Bananaman:


And omg, the man who I have spent almost all my entire adult life hunting down....
LA LINEA!!!


I think my main problem was that I was a kid who didn't speak English watching a cartoon that was italian gibberish.

But what I would dearly love to see....and perhaps even pay for in human blood, would be to see clips of A.E.I.O.U.
C'mon, there must be SOMEONE out there who has a video of this!!! Be my hero and post it online!

There are so many other *classics* that I could have posted like HeMan, Thundercats, Muppet Babies, Captain Planet, TMNT....but I'll let you all rediscover them on your own ;) But if you want some help, this forum has a whole list of memories!

2 comments:

Pooey said...

mooey, did u see that blog cos i sent you the link? why i get no credit? fanks moo

mallymoodle said...

Pooey, i saw the blog before you sent the link. Thus, you get no credit