Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More Data!

There's not really much to say, I've been working quite a bit to the point of being in the lab on Sunday! And then I came back on Monday and put in SIX HOURS on the decon microscope! *sob sob* And it's not particularly glam stuff either - just cell counting and testing methods. *sigh* The one year review is coming up so we're trying to churn out some awesome results.

The only really good stuff has been us trying to show that astrocytes have vesicles by injecting dye into their eyes. Its not as gruesome as it sounds! The data produced has been...striking...I'm not sure if I'm convinced though.
This photos is a retina thats been injected. We think the cells next to the blood vessels (pink arrows) might be astrocytes. The layer that we've taken the photo in normally contains ganglion cells which are shaped like those big cells (G). To be more convincing, I'd have to label the injected tissue with various cell markers. I'll do that tomorrow.

In other news, I washed my hair and blowdried it straight - it still looked ok in my opinion!

No comments: