Saturday, February 10, 2007

Stories from the Salon

After the last few times of getting my haircut and ending up with something I didn't want, I decided to give the place yet another go and this time, ask for the guy who does Pooey's hair. I'm not sure if the guy I got WAS her guy, but he could (kinda) speak english and he automatically detected that I periodically curl my hair for volume. While I did kind of end up with a mushroom-y cut, I did like the way he blow-dried and curled it...or at least I did until the wind had it's way with it and I started thinking it looked a bit mullet-y.

Here are the (post-wind) photos using my new Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX:
Lots of top volume with side layering

And from the side/back:
The layers start from just above the nape of my neck so I don't look as hairless this time.

While I see difficulty in replicating the blowdry (again), I will probably go back (again). I've got to give the guy props for suggesting highlights as a way of getting the illusion of volume over blowdrying. Or to get a perm and then seeing if highlights should be put in. We'll see

2 comments:

Pooey said...

mooey did the guy have a semi squashed nose and a bit of leather cord around his neck? cos that's him

peishapan said...

alice that looks great. I need to find a korean hairdresser around here quick smart!! Arghhhh the frustration!