Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We are the Champions

The Dept held their first ever Trivia Night (to raise funds for the Xmas party). And well, those who know me well should be aware that I am a receptacle for useless knowledge. It's a trait that runs in the family. Although I wasn't really intending on coming, I was duly recruited by other members of The Batcave. The competition however, really heated up with the realisation it was turning into a mini academics vs. students, lab vs. lab situation. I also hear rumbings that some were studying trivia to get a leg up.

Now for the last few days, I've been working on a very fiddly experiment. Lots of little steps that required a lot of attention. All that work...only for me to be told today that it didn't work. @!#$@#$#$@#$@$@! Needless to say, I was not in the most chipper of moods this afternoon. I did however manage to mellow a bit of my rage with some vodka and iced-peach tea (trust me on this).

Anyway, a team comprising of Markdod, The (token male) Pom, Punz, dancinghula, Ms S, and a mildly toasted yours truly absolutely wiped the opposition off the floor. Things were tense in the opening stages but I am pleased to say that our nearest opponents (the hardcore academics) ended up being around 10 points behind us. Yes, life is sweet and glory is even better :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All hail MallyMoodle, keeper of trivial odds and ends, great sponge of "useless" knowledge and rapid recaller of unusual facts.

Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!!!

Pooey said...

MOOEY IS TRIVIA QUEEN!!! kekeke