Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Shopping fail

Earlier this week, we had a nice cold weather blast. Thumbs up, I say, it means I can drag out my cold weather clothes! Thumbs down from Ma though since it means that when she goes out for her morning walk it can be pretty nasty and cold. And it can be really uncomfortable since she only has unlined suede gloves.

One morning she asked if I could find some cashmere-lined leather gloves knowing that I owned a pair. No probs. The next day, Pa asked me to make sure I went to a restaurant in Richmond by 7pm for Mum's bday. No problemo, I said. Later that same day, a thought struck me. It was her bday. She'd asked me for gloves. I hadn't bought them yet.

Shit.

I furiously chucked out my analysis plans for the afternoon, and grabbing Mischka for company, we trundled down to the citeh to look for gloves. Unforch while I could find leather gloves, none were lined with cashmere. Understandably since we're only just getting into the season and it never really gets that cold here. But then I was stuck with the dilemma - do I get her something that she needs (any gloves) or what she wanted (cashmere-lining).

While I contemplated this, I went off and bought myself a pair of patent leather slingbacks.


Then I decided the best course of action would be to lend Ma my own gloves and in the meantime contact Pooey in Meldon to get some appropriate gloves there! So in the end, I didn't manage to get her a present and ended up with shoes I didn't really need. Fail.

1 comment:

The Informed Makeup Maven said...

Hahaha, I so get you.

Unfortunately here, had a quick sqizz for some cashmere leather lined gloves, and no go. There are fur lined ones which I will not or advocated buying.

I'll keep an eye out for post-winter sales for ya!

Cool shoes too. You should check out the Spring/Summer collection - NW has hot gladiators which I got 2 pairs.