Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh, wheel-y?

There's a ferris wheel on Birrarung Marr that I've been meaning to ride on for the last few years but never did for whatever reason. H was back for the weekend so he was roped in for some touristy things on a lovely overcast day.

H checks out the wheel for structural deficiencies.

Well...it looks safe and sound.

Southbank with the cage obstructing the view.

Again with just a bit of cage obstruction.

Looking towards the MCG and Tennis Centre (bring on this summer of tennis!)

Some Collins/Exhibition skyscrapers

H acting his age.

I think the ride goes for about 15 minutes and they pause it so the cage sits at the top and you can have a nice look around.
I'm sure it'll look better on a sunny day or at night when all the lights are on. Because it was raining when we made our way down there, we were the only people on the wheel at the time. I'm a little surprised they were willing to run it for only two ppl but *shrug*. As we were getting off, a mother and daughter couple were about to get on, probably because we had given it our seal of approval *nod*.

I actually don't go down Birrarung Marr much (I hate the gravel) but there's also a really cool playground down there with swings, hammocks, a climbing rope pyramid, and mini-climbing wall! Naturally, I had to climb all over the stuff so I can assure you the equipment can ably support the weight of an adult female and therefore also gets my seal of approval!

3 comments:

Pooey said...

wow, the park is so parched! *cry*

SuBoo said...

I went on the wheel a few weeks ago. It sure looks like it picks up speed when you stand at the base and look at the carriages swoosh by but it's not too bad in it. :D

Vanilla Bear said...

I love ferris wheels! :D