Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Time to give up?

Don't worry, this is not about my Phd! (Although I do feel it is time to give it the heave-ho). This is about when to concede that a garment can no longer be worn.

A few months ago, Pooey bought me a tierd skirt from Primmy. I really liked it and wore it a few times before throwing it into the washing machine. It came out incredibly wrinkled! No worries. I'm not terrible at ironing (hi Lydia!) but I had enough faith in my ability to make it presentable.

I'm not sure how many times I've attempted it, but I'm about to give it up and throw it out. This is what the skirt looks like.

But I don't want to concede defeat yet!!! I will admit I feel pretty stupid about not willing to give it up. Because Primmy is a store that sells things so cheaply that it probably utilises third-world slave-labour, the skirt probably cost about 10 quid at most (about $20) and the low quality work is probably contributing to why I can't iron it. So, should I bother trying to investigate ways to iron it or should I just chuck it out?

This poll will run for a fortnight!

4 comments:

Pooey said...

mine came out wrinkly too... but it ironed out fine

but then again, i do have a front loader and not a top loader washing machine

mallymoodle said...

Well, you wanna try to iron it into submission when you get back?

J said...

mebbe try steaming it? like leaving it in a steamy steamy shower?? may take a few goes ;p

Vanilla Bear said...

Never put a healthy skirt down!