Sunday, February 28, 2010

Celebrate!

Thank you, Iker! As he said the other day, I have submitted my thesis for examination so I have a few months of relative ease while they pick over it for bad science, bad logic, bad grammar/typos, and plagiarism. Hopefully, they will find none of those! But it wasn't smooth sailing - I was ready to submit on Wednesday afternoon except I found the graduate research office shut at 3pm on Wed and it was 4pm when I ready! Grrrr...this however meant that I was able to submit first thing on Thursday morning, leaving the rest of the day free for me to do some impromptu party shopping!

My congratulatory card with photo!

And so to kick off the celebrations at 11:45am, Marene, Mischka, Dusty, and I cracked open a bottle of the 2007 Langmeil Fifth Wave Grenache that I'd purchased in the Barawesome Valley. Then in the afternoon, we drank a bottle of 1998 Dom Perignon that had been lovingly donated by Pooey. Okay, the truth is that she bought it for herself many years ago in HK but stored it badly (upright, in a hot room, near a TV) for a few years. Therefore I cracked open a bottle of champagne that could have been sold for a profit on ebay...and found it was alright! Actually, it was quite good! We drank it down with strawberries, raspberries, gruyere, truffled brie, lavosh, and another bottle of the Langmeil grenache. *thumbs up* After work, I made it to Golden Key drinks at The Apartment where I got a 1/2 price cocktail *double thumbs up* but had to leave because I was buggered.

That night, I slept like a baby for 11 hours. Then I got up, did my laundry (it was necessary!), got dolled up, put on my 83% off dress, and tottered back into uni to help Abreeeeeez celebrate his submission! W00T
W00T!!! Then I went off to The Supper Club to celebrate the end and welcome back Ruilin from her South American Odyssey with Pooey, Lydia, and Mischka.

I could have sworn there were more photos than this but given that the ones I do have aren't that flattering, these'll do!

Looking towards the round window of the Supper Club

Our wine, an Eden Valley (I think) riesling

Enjoying my riesling and MSGR congratulatory balloon

Some of the goodies we had to eat
(Not pictured, the croque monsieur, meatballs, sausage rolls, and second truffled duck parfait)

With Lydia

With Ruilin

Later, we tried our luck getting into Siglo. It was a gorgeous and warm night with a 3/4 moon and clear starry sky. Unfortunately it was too crowded and despite the girl consistently telling us that she'd get us a table soon, we decided to venture back downstairs to the comfy couches for some creme brulee and sticky date pudding. But we didn't leave before taking some pics of the night!

The neighbouring theatre wall

Nice clear night sky

The next morning, I dragged myself up and out to get to yum cha with the path crew. This was actually pre-planned and had nothing to do with submission but hey, all you can eat dumplings and fried stuff and prawns and puddings for $22? That's something to celebrate on it's own! Then I drove myself home to sleep it all off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats mallymoo... hope you continue the celebrations!!! xxx Amandine