Monday, May 10, 2010

Healesville!

On what is being proclaimed (but probably will not) be the last good weekend of the season, I toddled on over to Healesville/Yarra Valley with Mr. & Mrs. Koh and Jen to visit some wineries for eating and drinking.

Our first stop was the Giant Steps/Innocent Bystander where we were met by some Radelaidian friends of the Kohs. I was advised to eat the parmesan & truffle oil fries, but where we primarily went to eat their mighty fine pizza. In fact, it was so fine that when they hit the table, we all dove in and it wasn't until a number of slices were eaten that I remembered that I was supposed to document them!

Nom nom nom

Innocent Bystander is (justifiably) well known for their pink moscato. They also served it in their sorbet (delicious!) but I went for the pink moscato-flavoured turkish delight!

Just like the wine, it was delightfully nice and light in flavour but in hindsight, I might prefer rose-flavoured delight.

Trying to be cool by wearing Jen's sunnies

Yeah, they suited her much better

We then moved onto Tarrawarra where we were greeted by some lovely autumn sights.

The nice walk from the carpark to the cellar door...

the pretty cool looking entry to the Museum...

best of all, the gorgeous view over the Yarra Valley
(click to enlarge!)

Here I purchased a lovely and smooth Tin Cows pinot noir 2008. Not my usual red type (more of a shiraz and grenache girl), but it was so nice that I even managed to con those from Radelaide to get some!

Our last stop was Yering Station where I invested in yet another bottle of tawny after being taken in by how warming it was. Miam.

But I must finish this entry with a comment about one of the real highlights. I was at Woolies on Thursday where I discovered these:
They were NUM!!! So I purchased some for the ride to the Yarra Valley. Now, because I'm slightly retarded, I left them in the warm car while having wine tastings. They melted somewhat and stuck to the packet but the others being some real troopers and not wanting to hurt my feelings, ate them even though they were somewhat squishy. But you know what? Serendipity!!! The meltiness made them EVEN better! Orgasmically so! So yes. Buy them, melt a little, then lie back and enjoy the sensation.

No comments: