Sunday, May 02, 2010

In other news...

I finally managed to replace my old and broken point-and-click camera. No, I did not replace it with a DSLR. After doing a bit of research about what I wanted and what I was willing to pay for it, I settled on the Canon IXUS105, although quite frankly I don't feel I need the 12 megapixels which seem to be the standard starting points nowawayds. I then embarked on going around to a number of stores to compare prices and figure out which one I could barter down to a lower price. In the end, I decided I was too pov and asked Pooey to get one for me. Given the strong AUD and weak GBP, I was looking at getting it for $250 or about $50 less than what they're selling it for here. BUT then I heard about a CRAZY sale going on where the cameras were going for $198 each THIS WEEKEND ONLY!!! I promptly asked Pooey to not go through with the buy, woke up early and raced on down to the store!

And now I am no longer camera-free. Here's an example of a pic:

An extreme zoom of our TV from my seated located on the floor. Nice Megasaurus burger.

2 comments:

SuBoo said...

Bugger - I wanted a new one as well. NVM - no biggie. No rush anyways..

Pooey said...

dis burger looks yummy! hahahaha