Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hills BBQ, Box Hill

Hills BBQ in Box Hill is one of those iconic restaurants for Asians who grew up in certain parts of Melbourne. We may mock it for its dirty appearance and the somewhat shoddy service, but you know it's the place to go when you want some comforting beef hor fun or a cheap dish of assorted bbq meats. And by golly, that's what we got last night.

But oddly enough, we also got a very helpful waitress! I was eyeing off the lemon flavoured teas in the fridge but when I pulled out the peach tea, she said it was her favourite and, I must admit, it WAS very good! She also helped RachiePoo pick out some lemon flavoured tea for herself and Clinty.
Peach tea!
Oddly enough, it reminded me of all the peach tea I downed in Italy.
Mmmm, memories...

Anyway, onto the food. We came to Hills for some comforting Asian food, and that's what we got.

RachiePoo's Beef Hor Fun

Clinty's Mixed BBQ on rice

Omar's Suckling Pig on Rice

My Combination on Crispy Fried Noodles

As you can see, the servings are pretty large. It didn't stop me from absolutely massacring the dish as soon as it was placed before me. Despite getting my dish last, I finished first! And all without the help of Supergut!

For the four dishes and three flavoured teas, it came to about $12 per person, meaning that if you have the free tea instead of buying something flavoured, Hills falls way into the $10 per head criteria of the studen food reviews! Cheap enough for us to go hit the Korean Supermarkets afterwards and score some Asian ice cream!

3 comments:

Pooey said...

That hor fun looks f**king good.

Supergut... wants... sooommme... nom nom nom!

SuBoo said...

Crispy fried noodles! *slurp*

mama chua said...

when I was in Melbs, i had awesome horfun at Straits cafe! Really good!!!

those crispy noodles look gooooooood...... :)