Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Noodle Kingdom, Russell St. City

So following the visit to Noodle Kingdom Preston, RachiePoo and I decided to visit Noodle Kingdom City to see how it stacked up.

I must admit, we were initially underwhelmed by two main things. Firstly, city is a lot dirtier than Preston.

The wall next to my seat. Got to make sure I don't lean against that!

Secondly, our table offered us a magnificent view of the kitchen's storage methods.

Ummm...I really don't know what to say about this.

But our worries were partially wiped out by the arrival of our food. We decided that without Supergut (aka Pooey), there would be no way the two of us could replicate our eating experience of Saturday. So we instead decided to not order meat harmonicas and simply limit our order to the:

Dandan mian - more chili than the Preston version *still good!*

Zhajiang mian - more beany than the Preston version *still good!*

Powerfist to the zhajiang mian!
(or constipation face)

And might I just say, I was a little confused. The reason for my confusion was then confirmed by RachiePoo - yes, these servings were indeed....larger than the Preston counterparts?!?!?! Well no matter, we were going to give them a good home!

Except we couldn't! Without Supergut, we couldn't finish our noodles! :O Having eaten to what I think would have been the equivalent of our Saturday servings, I looked up at RachiePoo and said with dismay, "I think I'm full!" to which she replied, "Me too!!!" But like any good Asian place, they gave us some takeaway boxes because like all good Asians, we can't waste half decent food!

So yes, at around $8.50 for a large bowl of noodles (and 20cents per takeaway box), I would recommend Noodle Kingdom City. I'll let you know if the dirtiness affects me any time soon.

4 comments:

Pooey said...

Ew that view is gross.

SUPERGUT TO THE RESCUE!!!!

RachiePoo said...

No meat harmonicas today ;( Pooey we needed you!!

SuBoo said...

'if the dirtiness affects me anytime soon'

gold.

mallymoodle said...

I wasn't affected by the dirtiness!

Rach, how about you?