Sunday, September 18, 2011

FFOs and New toy! :D

With the coming of Oktoberfest, I started receiving some FFOs (Friends For Oktoberfest)!  Friends of Pooey, Amy and Rachi, were the first to book themselves into our flat and they chipped in together and brought me a new toy as a thanks for letting them crash - a Kindle! :D
Pooey told them my favourite colour is red. This is true :D

Mmmm, sexy 

It's revolutionised my life! I love the tactile experience of holding a book in my hands and flipping the pages but the reality is that English-language books aren't thick on ground here and even then...I can't go around buying lots of books - what will I do if I have to leave the country?!?!


And then Gnoudesavanes decided he would also like to crash because he was going to drive to Poland and needed somewhere to stop in Germany. It was just a happy coincidence that his drive happened to also occur on the first weekend of Oktoby. 


He brought me macarons as a present :D

And then we all had dinner together at my local and practiced holding beer steins.

Prost!

Gnoudesavanes took the full 1L instead of the moderate 0.5L we girls had

This doesn't bother me in the slightest!

And then we went home and tried on our dirndls to rub Pooey's face in it. 

Next post - our actual Oktoberfest experience!

2 comments:

Pooey said...

Nice t shirt Moo. You didn't correct Amy's and Rachi's stein holding technique!

mallymoodle said...

I thought I had but clearly I either hadn't or it didn't sink in :(