Friday, September 30, 2011

Round 6 & 7!!!

...this time with work people and then more non-Germans!


Katy's mother works for some company (I didn't ask which) and one day during lunch, Katy announced that it was possible for her mother to get her a table in the Augustiner Tent...but it would be in the balcony. Is that okay and did people want to go? This was met with :D faces and so the table was booked!


The view from the balcony!

Juliane, Birgit and Susi. As believe I actually said to the blonde and blue Birgit, "Wow, you look like a REAL German in a dirndl!"

Getting ready for the beers

My beer!

Augustiner doesn't sell Radler (shandys) so here I am chugging my beer. Then I got a brezn (pretzel) to go with my beer. Then I was told I had to drink my beer through the brezn to be a real Muenchener. I think this last bit was a joke.

Half a chicken! Miam.

But it wasn't enough and I....er...ended up eating Susi's rahmschwammerl as well

The Oktoberfest songbook that also has the words to Ein Prosit :P

As the night went on, someone had the brilliant idea to immortalise the best thing about dirndl - cleavage. Also, we believe in equality.

Prost!

It was a hard Thursday and highly amusing to see who would be the last person to turn up on Friday. As a side note, kudos to the girls who managed to drink THREE LITRES of beer. As much of a drinker as I am, I was not one of them.


And then on the final Saturday, althought I was getting pretty beered out, I went back to the Hofbrau tent with Ruben, Eleonora, Cam, and a bunch of Cam's friends who are Aussies living in London! Hooray for worst of both worlds!


We got there at 8:20am but all we could get into was the Hofbrau tent and we managed to score a box with a bunch of Italians and French people that was unreserved until midday.

My breakfast

The menu was tacked onto the wall of the box *thumbs up*

Beer service begins at 9 IN THE MORNING. Despite this incredibly early time, a number of people, stood on their tables and SKOLLED biers. This guy was a legend in particular - he did something like FOUR by 11am. 

But because the box was reserved, we got up and went to where Cam was sitting in the main area. This woman was selling Lebkuechenherzen. I didn't get one, but I did apparently get a badge made to look like lebkuchen that says *spaetzl*. Kekeke

I ended up leaving somewhat early in the afternoon (3pm) because I really wanted to go to the loo, but it was a real disgrace in and I said I'd rather leave the tent and go to a civilised one. Also, I watched a girl vomit about 15 feet away from our table. I couldn't smell it but watching it was enough. Admittedly, after wandering the grounds and eating sugared almonds for a while, I felt it was time to get back in the tent and was glad they stamped my hand before I left. But when I got back, the let me into the biergarten but not into the tent! Turns out I had the wrong coloured stamp to get back in. Ah well. 

2 comments:

Pooey said...

Beer and pretzel - best photo sequence ever

word verification - jacco

Pooey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.