Monday, October 29, 2012

Back in Bremen

Despite my terror that the snow would disrupt the S-bahn (and it sorta did - one train was cancelled), as the title states, I managed to fly back in Bremen! And I'm back in the same hotel.  

Alas, this time I wasn't treated to a dinner but I did receive a surprise in my room! While sitting at the computer, I heard a buzzing noise, akin to a drone. Imagine my horror when I realised that despite us being in Winter-like weather, that it was a WASP!!! After a shriek of alarm (it pains me to have to tell you this but really, these things prefer hot weather, no?), I quickly re-reached equilibrium and set about catching the little bastard.
One hotel cup and the TV channel listings later, I got it.

But then, what to do with it? It was too cold to open a window but I didn't really want Housekeeping to think me more of a weirdo. So I let it enjoy captivity for the night and released it in the morning. I took great care to make sure it didn't fly back in though.

No comments: