Monday, October 15, 2012

Getting some schadenfreude back for the city folk!

I may be a city girl at heart with a great hatred of the wilderness but I am most definitely not scared of standing on structures that move in the wind. So on that note, here are some photos of the Bayerischer Wald from the Waldwipfelweg, an elevated walkway through part of the forest.
The view over the forest from the walkway.

The viewing platform and walkway are 30m above ground at its highest point.

The view of the walkway from the ground.

Anyway, for people who are so keen on mountains, skiing, and the great outdoors, quite a few of my colleagues turn out to be scared of heights. I thoroughly enjoyed scaring the crap out of them by taking these photos...
which were acquired by hoisting myself up and over the waist-high barrier to hang off. 

No comments: