Saturday, November 10, 2012

You should be dancing - yeah!

A few months ago, I joined an online expat website because it was sold to me as *pay €4/month...FREE PARTIES! Attend 2 parties a month and it pays for itself* Sold! But I have also since discovered that they run activity groups for people who want to do things like speak various languages or eat dinner together (but you gotta pay extra for them). One day, I saw an activity that made me go :D - Beginners Ballroom Dancing Course. HELLS YES!!! 

And so I put on a full skirt and a pair of heels and headed out to learn how to do some classics like the Viennese Waltz, Slow Waltz, Foxtrot, Discofox and so forth.
Cornelia, our instructor. 

Who's that girl dancing with the guy in the white shirt?

Oh, it's me!

Impressions? Firstly, it was quite the brain and physical workout! Trying to remember the steps and doing them for a few hours was exhausting! Secondly, I was kind of glad for that smattering of dance lessons we had in primary and high school because I managed to pick it up moderately easily. We switched partners quite often and a few of my partners noted that they found dancing with me quite easy because I seemed to know what I was doing. Also, it is much easier being the girl because the guy is the one who is meant to push you around into the loops or the various steps. Lastly, I think I've found a time when I can regularly wear my high heels!

Really, it was all highly enjoyable and I've signed up for the next course!

No comments: