Saturday, February 06, 2016

Prima Taste Laksa Noodles

Now, I love laksa and it's a pretty hard to come by in Germany. To overcome my lack of laksa over the last few years, I've been trying to make it myself using various paste mixes. But then in 2014 on one of my trips to London, Pooey introduced me to Prima Taste Laksa Noodles. Yes, laksa flavoured instant noodles. 

THEY ARE THE BOMB. 

Like, they actually really taste like laksa! I'm just writing about them now because I had a bowl for lunch today and they made me really happy. The soup is thick and aromatic with the right mix of spice and coconut, and so long as you cook them following the directions, the hokkien-style noodles are chewy. Sometimes I also boil rice vemicelli noodles to add to my experience but instead I limited myself today to just a boiled egg, prawns, tofu cake, mint and coriander. It was worth it. 

But the best bit is I've found an asian grocery in Bremen sells them. I DON'T HAVE TO LOAD UP ON THEM IN LONDON ANYMORE!!! 

No comments: