Monday, February 29, 2016

Rediscovery of the bubble bath

I didn't go out (much) this past weekend because I had a stomach ache (or a hangover, whatever). I decided to have a good weekend in and indulge myself with a bubble bath. Although I hate walking past Lush due to the sensory assault, I had read good things about their bubble bars. I wasn't sure if I wanted to splurge so much money on a product that could only be used once or twice though, but then I figured...meh, give it a shot and if I hated it, I would have something to curse. Well, let me tell you, the splurge may well have been worth it. 

I bought a Lush rose jam bubbleroon because I like the scent of roses and also because it looked like a macaron. Following online recommendations, I broke it in half and proceeded to use my hands to grind one of those halves under the running bath water. I then walked away to get my kindle, and then sat back and let the bubbles build while reading my worries away.

At some point, I looked at the water and was greeted by this sight:
HOLY SHIT, ALL THOSE BUBBLES!!!

And they lasted pretty long as well. So yeah, if you're looking for a nicely scented bath with epic bubbles, this'll do the job. Word of warning though - there was some pink residue and online commentators said this needs to be washed out otherwise it can stain.  

No comments: