Saturday, September 24, 2005

handball champ and Dancing Rooster

Friday was a busy day. To celebrate the end of the footy season, my department had a *Pie Day* and handball competition. There were meat pies, party pies, sausage rolls, mini sausage rolls, pasties, mini pasties, mini ricotta and spinach pies, apple pies, and apricot pies. Basically there were a lot of pies.
The handballing competition was similar to the one they have on tv - everyone gets 3 shots and you aim at a big target; the bullseye (hole) is worth 10 points, inner circle is 7, outer circle was 5, if you hit the cardboard 3, if you hit the wall you got nothing. With my first go, I managed 15 points which meant I was actually came 6th. The top 5 ppl had a second go and the person with the highest out of those 5 won. After the first 4 finalists, it turned out that the 5th person had already returned to the lab so I took their spot. And I scored 21 points which was the highest! So I won, much to everyone's shock. Especially given the strange picture of me in a frilly pink skirt and knee high boots doing handballs. Who would have thought? :P

Later that night I went out to the Croft Inst. with friends. For people who havent been upstairs, its sport themed and the back wall has bleachers which give you an excellent view of the dance floor and the dancers. There was a guy who'd dance by lifting up his leg and then stomp it back down and bend over, like a rooster. He had some pretty weird moves. In one he kinda bent over, and with feet pointed in opposite directions, turn circles. It was very entertaining and I was disappointed when he went cos there wasnt anyone to point and laugh at anymore.

On Saturday, I spent most of the day in the lab, the sole bright spot being a phone call from Mandy in London. *Thumbs up*

No comments: