Friday, September 30, 2005

Its been a while between innings...

I've been having hard week at uni, trying to generate some last ditch results now that the last bits of tissue have come in. It was control tissue so I had to repeat everything. After starting off well last saturday by having the H&E and CD3 stainings go well, I came in on monday night, leaving at 10pm after preparing the GFAP for tuesday. The first 3 worked fine and I was looking forward to finishing up exps on Thursday. Hopes of that were dashed on Wednesday afternoon when the Control KO tissue came up positive for axonal damage, then on thursday the lectin stain caused its problems again and I suddenly found myself with only 3 of 5 stains to back up my hypothesis. So here I am again repeating the SMI-32 for axonal damage. There's no point trying to repeat the lectin as I've got no tissue left and its the more *temperamental* of the two.

God I hope it works. I just wanna finish up and start writing :(

No comments: