Monday, January 30, 2006

Closure and the week in preview!

Well today was my last day in the lab as the tech....soooo many memories. I was only there for half the day as there really wasn't anything to do. I re-checked that the chemical register and risk-assessments were complete. Then I moved all the files out of the drawer of the filing cabinet I had them in as I realised that while I am short, the drawer was probably not quite as accessible to others. I then spent time clearing up loose ends - making notes about what should be changed that I couldnt take care of due to my inability to purchase items, making a list of useful contacts and information for the next technician, reminding my boss that the next tech has to look after Mr Cactus for me (the cactus I nursed back to health - when I started it was droopy and dying. Today it was starting to re-shoot), etc

I finished up just after 1pm.
End of an era.
*sniff*

But away from that! Amelie Mauresmo won the womens title (darnit) and Roger Federer won the mens (well done). I also saw Memoirs of a Geisha last week, review coming soon. I probably wont be updating as much now that I'm unemployed and Amandine is back in the country :P we got catching up to do!

Peas oot!

No comments: