Monday, January 23, 2006

It's really freaking hot...

although it's not as hot as it has been. Today's cooler weather however is not much of a consolation to me as my concern that the lab was not properly ventilated has shown to be a real hazard - its FREAKING HOT in here!

You can feel the difference in temperature from the outside (currently listed as 21.5 degrees celsius), into the building, and then another increase when you get into the lab. According to one of the lab thermometers, it was 34 when I first came into the lab - the open windows have now dropped it to 30. I still can't make myself put on a lab coat and I don't know how much work I'll get done today considering its all pretty much manual labour. Probably write a blog or two and keep an eye on that trusty thermometer.

2 comments:

Ed Meers said...

It's not fair that you have it so hot there when it's winter here! BRrrrrrr! What were folk thinking when they settled here, I mean this is a record warm Canadian winter and I still shake my head at folks setting up life from Europe!

mallymoodle said...

Well you know, its been so hot here that i'm considering the drastic action of moving to northern italy during our summer months.

Sure, I can't speak the language, but I'm willing to do it just to escape the freaking heat here