Sunday, October 15, 2006

Stories from the Salon

Poosy was getting her hair treated today so I decided to come along for the ride and trim my hair. Please take note of the fact that I said *trim*, i.e. I didn't want any bells and whistles with my hair.

Now, the funny thing is that we went back to the place
where I got my last haircut. Oddly enough, I also got the same girl who cut it last time. So I said to her that I wanted my hair cut the same way as it was last time - layers in the back, fringe at eyebrow level. And again, she didn't listen to what I told her.

This is how my fringe ended up.
Now, if I look perplexed, it's because my fringe is actually W-A-A-A-Y over my eyebrows. This photo is somewhat misleading because I went to dinner after this and my friends, especially Nance, went *WHOA!!! Your fringe is short!*

But this front-on shot doesn't reveal why I think that hairdresser is mocking me. This my hair from the back. And Poosy can vouch for me that I have not altered my hair in any way.
I don't know which part of trim made the girl decide I wanted my hair to be curled and horizontally braided with a rosette kind of formation to hold it in place. I had no idea what on earth she was doing and why. I desperately tried to make eye contact with Poos who studiously avoided looking at me. She said she couldn't because if she did, she would have cracked up laughing. People at dinner said it looked good though, as if I'd made an effort to make myself nice for them.

I suppose this is what I get for going to a salon where I know they never listen to what I say. Apart from the length of the fringe, I guess the cut was what I wanted.

No comments: