Monday, June 11, 2007

I *heart* Supernatural

I know I have written repeatedly little comments about how I love Supernatural. I remember the first time I saw something about it. I think it was was December 2005/January 2006 and me and Pooey went to the movies. I can't remember what movie it was, but a trailer fro Supernatural came up.


This isn't the trailer - it was way scarier, but it had th
e right effect of me and Pooey turning to each other and going *We're gonna watch that!* And Pooey was interstate when it finally aired on tv, but as soon as it was done, we rang and each other to say *We love this show!* and anointed it our new Buffy.

So why do I love it?

I could write a huge analysis about why, but I won't. Basically, it runs down to these points:
  1. I love being scared. And by scared, I don't mean that bullshit like Hostel. I mean by things that I can't explain or are plain creepy, like when a scarecrow moves of it's own volition. The creepy factor - ooh yeah.
  2. Humour! Them guys are funny. Those writers are funny. For all the creepiness, the show is just funny, especially with the one-liners
  3. Pop culture references. If a show combines horror and humour with pop culture, I am usually always happy (Death to CSI!)
  4. The casting. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki really act like bickering kids! And it's fun to see guests that have appeared on other much loved shows. I still think it's funny that their Dad is Denny from Grey's Anatomy. And Tina did comment that while the guys are obviously the focus, the producers do make an effort for the male audience by casting hot women in guest roles.
This then leads to the great Dean vs. Sam debate.Sam is young, rational, sensitive, pre-law, and very responsible. Dean is a joker, liar, womaniser and happy to pull a gun when the situation suits him.I'm firmly in Dean's camp, especially when he's rockin' the coat like in this pic.Nice
(All pics from tv.yahoo.com)

No comments: