Saturday, September 08, 2007

Conference days and mucking around with Lydia

Remind me again why I'm a scientist? I had my first full day at the conference on Wednesday and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't that fantastic either. The people who were there didn't seem to make eye contact! Things weren't looking promising when two old women were standing in front of my poster talking in Spanish and making various gestures. I said hello to them but one just shot me a dirty look! Eventually I did meet some people, shake a few hands, exchange a few emails, and best of all, got a few comments saying that my project was good!

Lydia also arrived and since I didn't think the afternoon symposia were relevant, we spent some time mucking around Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and taking dumb photos.

Taking afternoon tea at The Orangery at Kensington Palace
Posing with Physical Energy by G.F. Watts
Contemplating life at the Round Pond

And again at Serpentine Bridge
Yes...life is good. Tell me why I'm a scientist again?

No comments: