Saturday, September 29, 2007

Back in London

Well the last leg began where the adventure started, and we furiously tried to cram in all the last minute things I couldn't do last time.

On the advice of Smee and Pooey, I bought and ate a Waitrose roast chickent. It was good, but not enough to make me want to eat the whole thing.

I met up with Emichang and we had pho (for her) and bun bo hue (for me). Viet food in London continues to disappoint.

I really like the works of John Singer Sargent and I really regretted that in Great European Trip 2004-5 I didn't purchase the catalogue to an exhibition because it was bulky and I'd already done some serious damage with books. But I've always re
ally regretted it. Really. So I went to Tate Britain to find it again! It wasn't there anymore (or in any other bookshops I checked - boo) but there was a really good Millais exhibition! Pretty much all his well-known works were in there. In fact, Lydia was put-out because his famous Ophelia painting was in the exhibition (where you had to pay to get in). Since I had arrived early and had to be evacuated during a fire alarm (it was sooooo cold), we considered dirtying her in. But we didn't.

We also then met up with Pooey, Grand Empress Katie, B
ao and Ray, and two of Pooey's friends for dinner and then Avenue Q. Avenue Q rocks! Kind of like if the characters of Sesame Street were followed into a post-college life, we're of the right age to appreciate all the jokes, format and various references! Watch this clip of song *It Sucks To Be Me* and *Special* from Royal Variety performance.http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sxqz7-CGIc4

I also posted back 7kg worth of books. It set me back
£40. Now before you all have heart attacks, I nearly got gypped into paying £100. It was only my knowledge that students get a discount for posting books that got me the reduced price.

Dirty Roy then joined us for goodbye drinks on Friday night. My mojito was good, but too much ice - it kept melting all over the table.

Saturday we finally made it to Borough Markets for lunch and portugese tarts and then scooted over to Kings Cross Station to visit Platform 9 3/4 before heading to dinner with Cousin Susan and Anthony.

No comments: