Friday, September 21, 2007

Last days in Paris

Well, all good things had to come to an end. On the last few days in Paris, I introduced Pooey to the joys of crepe avec nutella et banane (although she wanted hers avec crème aussi), which we got from a street stall in Bastille. Nums!
We also took the elevator up the Eiffel tower and further dumb shots at Trocadéro.

After Pooey left, I got back to work and went to visit a lab. My recent correspondence was one-sided, to say the least, to the extent that when I actually turned up and reported myself to building security, security said the researcher wasn't expecting me (WHAT?!?) but since I had travelled all the way, come on up! I had prepared a short talk to give to them, but seeing as they had nothing planned for me, I just gave it in his office only for them to interrupt me a few times so they could gather even more people to listen. Eventually there was about six of us crammed in there. I got to meet some other students and we compared results/techniques and other geeky stuff before I headed off to congratulate myself with a new pair of shoes.

Lydia and I had morrocan food for dinner, and then a traditional french one where we ate a bunny. It was delicious!

Getting ready to dig into the delicious bunny!
And then after one last visit to the markets for pate, cheese, baguette, and two euros worth of incredibly great green salad, we were off to the next stop on European Tour 2007 - Venice!

No comments: