Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Paris things backblog

(Un)luckily for all of you, despite not having access to a computer for weeks, I kept a day-by-day, blow-by-blow diary of what's been going on during this trip! And while it won't be transcribed into this blog, you'll probably be getting most of it.

Picking up after the conference, Pooey was late to Waterloo Stati
on. Our original plan was that she was going to go to Primark in the morning, then meet me at Amandine's whereby we would tube together to Waterloo International. That plan was scrapped when I got a message at 12:30 (the ending time of the conference) saying that she just woke up. It must have been all that exertion from eating the Smee made Curry Laksa the night before. Because I got there early, I proceeded to chat to some friendly looking South Africans who were travelling to Paris for the World Cup and reacted with disgust when I said I was an Aussie. Eventually, Pooey made it and we checked in, I bought a Glamour mag which came with free shampoo and conditioner (yay!) and we took this pic on the Eurostar.
Me crazy, she uninterested
We arrived moderately on time, but it took us a while longer to get to our hotel in the Marais because I couldn't figure out how to use the Metro ticketing machine, and when I did, we realised it didn't take notes. Damn Metro ticket window girls are grumpy! Our hotel was in a little alley near the Place de Vosges off Boulevard St. Antoine. We had to pass lots of shops that had awesome shoes in their window! And it was no surprise to us that when we met Lydia in our hotel, she had already bought a pair from one of those shops.

We went out for dinner (crepes avec fromage, champignon et j
ambon pour moi) and then went to see the Champs Elysee by night for Pooey.
Damn people wrecking our photoThe two of us wrecking the view
We also went to Passy to try and meet up with Alix for a party on a bateau mouche that supposedly had much alcohol and a buffet, only to find that the boat had left without us. So we rocked on over to Bastille where Lydia and I knew full well we'd easily find a few bars and good cocktails to keep alcoholic Pooey (and me) happy.

Classic view from PassyLydia and I get ready to enjoy our drinks
Really enjoying the drink!And so on that boozy note, our first night in Paris ended. Touristy stuff with Pooey next!

No comments: