Friday, October 23, 2009

Things that are alright about C-town

After the stress and bad dreams of the last months (stupid defence!), I decided the best way to relax would be to go somewhere that offers little in terms of entertainment. That's right, I'm back in our nation's capital.

Okay, okay, C-town is not that bad now that I know a number of people who are here and Borders is open relatively late at night (for C-town, anyway). Also, because it's largely a student (and public service) town, there are some interesting experiences to be had!

Thursday night is Student night, so I met up with dancinghula and some of her buddies for $10 cocktails!

The cool light fixtures.

I couldn't hold still enough to make them look really nice.

I was warned that getting drinks can take quite a while so I kicked off by ordering 2 - the Apple and Passionfruit martini (which tasted like lollies and was foolishly very quickly downed). The pinker one was Patience is a Virtue. I can't remember what was in it but it was yum!

This was followed by us stumbling to get $6.50 steaks! Okay, we had to cook it ourselves, but that was actually part of the appeal! H warned me that this was not a great place. I say nuts to him! Apparently it's *Oktoberfest* at ANU so the place wasn't full as it was supposed to be. I'm disappointed I didn't take photos of the communal grill where I managed to cook my steak to medium-rare perfection. It was also downed with a lot of salad. I ate a lot of baby beetroot.

Then we all stumbled back for more $10 cocktails! Can't beat alcoholic value :D And H came along to essentially drive me home. Kekekeke

No comments: