Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Burgerfest in Regensburg!

For this past weekend, I decided to make good on my promise to Jul's parents that I would return to their village and drink beers in their backyard (some things are international!) and Regensburg were having their annual Burgerfest. Now, as much as I would like to say that a Burgerfest means a festival of hanbaobaos, it's actually a town festival. But you know, there was still a lot of street festival foods!


Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of my pfannekuchen or my apfelkuchen (mmm, deep fried apple *gargle*) but I did remember to take photos of what is apparently the best gelateria in Regensburg and had the crowd inside to prove it!
  
Diba Chocolat Cafebar. Apparently their best one is a quark-fig flavour.

I decided to go for one scoop of saffron and a scoop of rose. They were both delicately flavoured and utterly delightful!

We two go OM NOM NOM!!!

Oh look, they turned the square outside of the Dom into a Biergarten!

Sitting by the banks of the river...

where I got to enjoy a cup of watermeleon wine punch. Mmmm...

Jul's parents have a really lovely garden where they grow a lot of their own vegetables and herbs. For mine and Asia's visit, they decided to throw a grillparty (bbq) for which we were joined by Jul's sister, her husband and their son!

Cute backyard

Der Grillmeister arbeitet. 


Jonas continues Germany's fussball dominance over Australia

He then took a break to show me some wild strawberries in the garden!

Delicious little things

No comments: