Monday, June 20, 2011

Lost in Translation

So I was hanging out in MediaMarkt looking at various tech things that I was considering for myself when I ended up in the DVD section. DVD buying in this country (so far) has been somewhat precarious because while they'll play in my computer, the one DVD I've purchased so far (Amelie) did not have English subtitles. But it was only €5 so that's fine. 

Anyway, I was browsing what was there when I noticed a familiar-looking cover for a movie I had definitely seen and enjoyed. But I was highly confused about the title, which I decided to photograph for posterity.

How the hell does Made in Dagenham turn into We Want Sex?!?!


It amuses me because Made in Dagenham is a movie about women undergoing industrial action in 60s England in the fight for equal pay. Okay, there's a brief sex scene in a car but people looking for women in red dresses on the prowl will be sorely disappointed!

No comments: