Friday, July 22, 2011

Not much to report.

After the excitement of last week where I was out every night, this past week was pretty much time for recovery. In addition, work was pretty stressful because we were being reviewed (with on site visits!) to make sure we weren't burning Institute/Government money! In hindsight, I don't know why it was so stressful - it wasn't as if they could shut down our department or cancel my contract. I guess it was the mass hysteria/stress from departmental heads infiltrating down.


In other news, I would like to recommend that everyone watch this documentary on Australian TV - it was conceived by the woman who I hold responsible for my even being overseas! Okay, I'm a Wissenschaftlerin in Muenchen and this is a documentary about the development of the Department Store in the 19th century, but I truly believe that if I never went on the Ville Lumiere course in 2004, I wouldn't have worked up the nerve to move to Continental Europe as opposed to following all the other Aussies to London!

No comments: