Monday, July 04, 2011

Things You Eat When You're Alone - Vitalgebaeck

German discount supermarkets are awesome. As Chrish said when we reflected on the huge paycut we took when agreeing to move her from Aus to Germs, "Thank God for Lidl and Aldi!" Yesterday I went to Aldi with Juliane looking for food to make for dinner and snackies to take on the Schnitzmuehle, and I saw these:



Peanut and cashews held together with caramel!


They remind me of these peanut sticks that you could get in a Chinese grocery to be eaten for CNY but also of my almond and hazelnut cookies! Mmmm, I should make some batches of those. Anyway, I was well on my way to finishing the bag when Fabi came home and I offered him some. He was slightly surprised (horrified?) that I was enjoying them so much and refused the offer. Oh well, more for me!

No comments: