Monday, December 19, 2011

Es schneit

Hate is probably too strong a word, but I'm not particularly enamoured by snow in an urban environment. Okay, it's really pretty when it's freshly fallen and people haven't trod over it yet, the air feels nice and dry and it's ultimately better than rain but....still...so many negatives. It takes so long to get dressed in the morning (gotta put a full set of thermals under the actual clothes and make sure appropriate socks, hats, gloves, coat...), and then walking to the closest u-bahn can be pretty hazardous with the partially melted snow, or worse - ice. And then the buses are packs and people suddenly forget how to drive...*sigh*


Anyway, here's a vid of the sudden blizzard that hit.
Amazingly about a minute after I stopped the video, the clouds cleared, the sun was shining in the blue sky and a bunch of kids came out to make snowballs!

2 comments:

Nancy I said...

You actually wear thermals? I don't nother with thermals cause they're so bulky and uncomfortable. Thinsulate hybrid wool coats are by best friends in the north eastern winters. I also like Uniqlo's heat tech singlets and tees.

mallymoodle said...

I consider heattech to be thermals -basically I consider any clothing specifically designed to be worn under other clothes for the express purpose of keeping warmer to be thermals!

But I will say I was surprised to read you don't wear thermals until I read Wikipedia and found that Munich is than NYC