Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Southern Hemisphere Christmas

Having had no plans to go anywhere this year, I teamed up with other orphaned Southern Hemispherians, Amy, Adela and Matt (okay, they were all kiwis), to make a Xmas roast lunch.  What originally started out as a roast chook with side salad and cake for dessert turned into a multi-course feast when Peter, Amy's flatmate who's training to be a chef, decided to chip in and made us an extra entree and did all the sides vegetables.
Peter and I hand-making mayonnaise to go with the salad. 

Amy carves the chicken - it turned out pretty damn good!

We even made stuffing...

...and gravy from the chicken juices.

The finished plate.

Our epic dessert - chocolate cups with ice cream, raspberry coulis, rum balls, crumbled tim tams, and my ginger cupcakes. 

We decided beforehand that presents would not be exchanged but Fabi told me he'd left a gift for me so I decided to open it at the party - a scratchie map of the world where you scratch off the places you've been! DAS IS PERFEKT!! 

No comments: