Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bon Jovi Concert

Several months ago, Ruben asked if a bunch of us wanted to go to the Bon Jovi concert. I remembered mentioning that it was 6 months away but as he pointed out - Bon Jovi is one of those acts, like U2, George Michael, or Madonna, that when given the opportunity to see them, they should be seen! Also, this would be our first trip into the 1972 Olympiastadion so hey, two birds!
The multi-generational crowd. We saw family groups wearing t-shirts from different tours.

Why yes, the stage was shaped like a vintage car.

Like George Michael, that guy just opens his mouth and sound comes out. Also, he hasn't aged in like...20 years.

The light show was pretty impressive, or at least, I was impressed. 

In addition to having the screen behind the car actually fit out to make it look like a car,

they had lights that I'd associate more with dance music!

Being a densely populated city, Munich has a sound curfew. This meant that the band started playing quite early in my opinion, probably around 8pm when the sun was still up. They played for THREE HOURS. I WAS IMPRESSED!!! At the third encore, I was also a little "How much longer are they going to play?!" Anyway, for people who are unsure, Ruben and I were in agreement - the band played a good mix of their classics and not too many songs that we didn't know. Here's the setlist (with credit to this site)

That's What the Water Made Me
You Give Love a Bad Name
Born to Be My Baby
Raise Your Hands
Runaway
Lost Highway
It's My Life
Because We Can
What About Now
We Got It Goin' On
Keep the Faith
(You Want to) Make a Memory
Bed of Roses
When We Were Beautiful
Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
We Weren't Born to Follow
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Bad Medicine

Encore 1
Dry County
Wanted Dead or Alive
Have a Nice Day
Livin' On A Prayer

Encore 2
In These Arms
Someday I'll be Saturday Night
Always
These Days

Encore 3
I Love This Town

No comments: